PDA

View Full Version : New Customer Problems


al
June 29th 03, 07:13 AM
Just signed up with vision after many years with AT&T. We
bought 3 phones. We tried to buy at the local sprint store (because we
didn't want to wait for the rebates at Best Buy/Radio Shack) but it
was a madhouse in there. So my wife called the 800 number and ordered
there. They charged her card $1 and said that the rest would be on our
bill. All three phones arrived in 2 days. My wife punched in her code
on each phone and they started to work fine. 12 hours later all three
phones were killed. Any attempt to use them resulted in a note to take
all the phones to the store with three forms of ID. There was no way
to call because as soon as I put in my number I was switched to
overdue accounts and there was no way past it.
I stopped at the local store (sales only) and they said they
couldn't help. I needed to call them. I asked how and explained that
there was no way past the collections department. They said just pick
up the red phone on the wall and they would help me. I knew where this
was going so I asked him to call. As expected he couldn't get past
collections. He told me I would need to go to a full service store.
So.......the next night we drive up to the full service store. I got a
really bad feeling when we walked in and the customer service line was
halfway across the store and over at the counter was a blind guy
yelling "where in the hell have my last 5 payments gone?" After 75
minutes we were at the counter. The girl pulled up the account and
said.....hmmmmmmmm I don't know why this is. Finally she managed to
get the phone part working and said that the vision part would start
working tomorrow. Sure enough buy the next night it was all working.
Today I tried to go online to view my account and after I put
in my information..up pops a note informing me that all our phones
have been reported stolen and we need to bring in 3 forms of ID to the
nearest store!! So my wife called *2 and asked what was going on. They
told her that they can't help and we need to call the fraud department
on Monday! So right now all the phones work even though they think
they're stolen but luckily they are protecting me from viewing my bill
online! Does anyone know of another number that will get me to a
higher level in the chain of command? Has anyone else had this
problem?
Thanks for reading.

tom ronson
June 29th 03, 04:52 PM
some companies send out welcome letters to new customers ---- Sprint does
things like this.

Good luck.

"al" > wrote in message
...
> Just signed up with vision after many years with AT&T. We
> bought 3 phones. We tried to buy at the local sprint store (because we
> didn't want to wait for the rebates at Best Buy/Radio Shack) but it
> was a madhouse in there. So my wife called the 800 number and ordered
> there. They charged her card $1 and said that the rest would be on our
> bill. All three phones arrived in 2 days. My wife punched in her code
> on each phone and they started to work fine. 12 hours later all three
> phones were killed. Any attempt to use them resulted in a note to take
> all the phones to the store with three forms of ID. There was no way
> to call because as soon as I put in my number I was switched to
> overdue accounts and there was no way past it.
> I stopped at the local store (sales only) and they said they
> couldn't help. I needed to call them. I asked how and explained that
> there was no way past the collections department. They said just pick
> up the red phone on the wall and they would help me. I knew where this
> was going so I asked him to call. As expected he couldn't get past
> collections. He told me I would need to go to a full service store.
> So.......the next night we drive up to the full service store. I got a
> really bad feeling when we walked in and the customer service line was
> halfway across the store and over at the counter was a blind guy
> yelling "where in the hell have my last 5 payments gone?" After 75
> minutes we were at the counter. The girl pulled up the account and
> said.....hmmmmmmmm I don't know why this is. Finally she managed to
> get the phone part working and said that the vision part would start
> working tomorrow. Sure enough buy the next night it was all working.
> Today I tried to go online to view my account and after I put
> in my information..up pops a note informing me that all our phones
> have been reported stolen and we need to bring in 3 forms of ID to the
> nearest store!! So my wife called *2 and asked what was going on. They
> told her that they can't help and we need to call the fraud department
> on Monday! So right now all the phones work even though they think
> they're stolen but luckily they are protecting me from viewing my bill
> online! Does anyone know of another number that will get me to a
> higher level in the chain of command? Has anyone else had this
> problem?
> Thanks for reading.

Bill Roland
June 29th 03, 10:04 PM
Yikes. My parents are on a two week trial with Sprint, they somehow think
that Sprint is the savior and that Alltel is terrible. After reading this,
I think I will stay with Alltel. If I was accused of owning stolen phones
that they sent me, I think I'd drive to the customer service desk and throw
the phones at them. Ridiculous.

"al" > wrote in message
...
> Just signed up with vision after many years with AT&T. We
> bought 3 phones. We tried to buy at the local sprint store (because we
> didn't want to wait for the rebates at Best Buy/Radio Shack) but it
> was a madhouse in there. So my wife called the 800 number and ordered
> there. They charged her card $1 and said that the rest would be on our
> bill. All three phones arrived in 2 days. My wife punched in her code
> on each phone and they started to work fine. 12 hours later all three
> phones were killed. Any attempt to use them resulted in a note to take
> all the phones to the store with three forms of ID. There was no way
> to call because as soon as I put in my number I was switched to
> overdue accounts and there was no way past it.
> I stopped at the local store (sales only) and they said they
> couldn't help. I needed to call them. I asked how and explained that
> there was no way past the collections department. They said just pick
> up the red phone on the wall and they would help me. I knew where this
> was going so I asked him to call. As expected he couldn't get past
> collections. He told me I would need to go to a full service store.
> So.......the next night we drive up to the full service store. I got a
> really bad feeling when we walked in and the customer service line was
> halfway across the store and over at the counter was a blind guy
> yelling "where in the hell have my last 5 payments gone?" After 75
> minutes we were at the counter. The girl pulled up the account and
> said.....hmmmmmmmm I don't know why this is. Finally she managed to
> get the phone part working and said that the vision part would start
> working tomorrow. Sure enough buy the next night it was all working.
> Today I tried to go online to view my account and after I put
> in my information..up pops a note informing me that all our phones
> have been reported stolen and we need to bring in 3 forms of ID to the
> nearest store!! So my wife called *2 and asked what was going on. They
> told her that they can't help and we need to call the fraud department
> on Monday! So right now all the phones work even though they think
> they're stolen but luckily they are protecting me from viewing my bill
> online! Does anyone know of another number that will get me to a
> higher level in the chain of command? Has anyone else had this
> problem?
> Thanks for reading.

Wes
June 30th 03, 03:16 AM
Yep, that'd work good (*rollseyes*)

"Bill Roland" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I'd drive to the customer service desk and throw
> the phones at them. Ridiculous.

Wes
June 30th 03, 03:16 AM
Welcome to Sprint.

"al" > wrote in message
...
> Just signed up with vision after many years with AT&T. We
> bought 3 phones. We tried to buy at the local sprint store (because we
> didn't want to wait for the rebates at Best Buy/Radio Shack) but it
> was a madhouse in there. So my wife called the 800 number and ordered
> there. They charged her card $1 and said that the rest would be on our
> bill. All three phones arrived in 2 days. My wife punched in her code
> on each phone and they started to work fine. 12 hours later all three
> phones were killed. Any attempt to use them resulted in a note to take
> all the phones to the store with three forms of ID. There was no way
> to call because as soon as I put in my number I was switched to
> overdue accounts and there was no way past it.
> I stopped at the local store (sales only) and they said they
> couldn't help. I needed to call them. I asked how and explained that
> there was no way past the collections department. They said just pick
> up the red phone on the wall and they would help me. I knew where this
> was going so I asked him to call. As expected he couldn't get past
> collections. He told me I would need to go to a full service store.
> So.......the next night we drive up to the full service store. I got a
> really bad feeling when we walked in and the customer service line was
> halfway across the store and over at the counter was a blind guy
> yelling "where in the hell have my last 5 payments gone?" After 75
> minutes we were at the counter. The girl pulled up the account and
> said.....hmmmmmmmm I don't know why this is. Finally she managed to
> get the phone part working and said that the vision part would start
> working tomorrow. Sure enough buy the next night it was all working.
> Today I tried to go online to view my account and after I put
> in my information..up pops a note informing me that all our phones
> have been reported stolen and we need to bring in 3 forms of ID to the
> nearest store!! So my wife called *2 and asked what was going on. They
> told her that they can't help and we need to call the fraud department
> on Monday! So right now all the phones work even though they think
> they're stolen but luckily they are protecting me from viewing my bill
> online! Does anyone know of another number that will get me to a
> higher level in the chain of command? Has anyone else had this
> problem?
> Thanks for reading.

Elder
June 30th 03, 03:52 AM
How were the phones delivered? UPS? We're they left on the door step?

I asked our Sprint Local if the phones they shipped were tracked by
serial #, etc. . I was told they weren't.

Reason I asked was.. imagine if UPS left them on the door step. You
pick them up, call Sprint asking where your package is. They tell you
it was left on the door step. You tell them you never received them.
They send you new ones. Then you sell the original on the eBay.

Anyway, if they DID track them, it would almost sound like they didn't
receive confirmation from UPS that they were delivered to the owner..
dunno.

I've only been with them for a month - so far, so good. I'll NEVER go
back to AT&T (Suncom) - search Google for:

suncom contract

And look at the top result and you'll know why. :)

Anyway, everything with Sprint has been great. One minor thing.. when
I cancelled our Sprint Local because I was transferring to Florida, I
was told by Sprint Local I was supposed to get $50 bonus rebate for
each activated phone.

They had given me a $50 and $36 credit. Was supposed to be $50 for
each phone. I called and they gave me the extra $14.

Although, when I added a third line 3 weeks later, they wouldn't give
me the $50.

Anyway, welcome to Sprint :D

--
Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap

Bill Roland
June 30th 03, 04:01 AM
Nahh, I just won't make the mistake of getting Sprint.

"Wes" > wrote in message
...
> Yep, that'd work good (*rollseyes*)
>
> "Bill Roland" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >I'd drive to the customer service desk and throw
> > the phones at them. Ridiculous.
>
>

1900mhzcdma
June 30th 03, 09:02 AM
Elder wrote:
> *Reason I asked was.. imagine if UPS left them on the door step. You
> pick them up, call Sprint asking where your package is. They tell
> you it was left on the door step. You tell them you never received
> them. They send you new ones. Then you sell the original on the
> eBay.*
The thing with this is that they can blacklist ESNs. They do use
tracking. It's right on the box. Order# PO#. It doesn't say your esn,
but they can look it up. If sprint said, "sorry, this phone has been
reported lost or stolen by sprint. The local law enforcement will be
right over to your billing address. Thank you for choosing sprint." or
"How did you aquire this phone? eBay you say? What is the shipping
address you got it from and the name? Really???" you're majorly
screwed.

As far as never getting to talk to a sprint rep to explain yourself and
always being transfered to an outsourced collection agency.....

Welcome to Sprint PCS!

--
Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap

Bob Smith
June 30th 03, 12:38 PM
Bill Roland wrote:
> Yikes. My parents are on a two week trial with Sprint, they somehow
> think that Sprint is the savior and that Alltel is terrible. After
> reading this, I think I will stay with Alltel. If I was accused of
> owning stolen phones that they sent me, I think I'd drive to the
> customer service desk and throw the phones at them. Ridiculous.

Despite what ever bad news stories you may hear in here ... or any of the
other cellular newsgroups, all that matters is what your experience is with
your provider.

Bob

Skittratt
June 30th 03, 02:53 PM
Did you guys think that MAYBE it was flagged fraud somehow and Sprint
was just trying to make sure everything was legit?

--
Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap

O/Siris
July 1st 03, 09:07 AM
tom ronson wrote:
<snip>

> Sprint, if they took the order, shipped the order and verified the
> delivery to the door should know that the phones weren't stolen ---
> and shouldn't have flagged the account for fraud. But they did and
> this customer is having to prove his innocence. Not a good way to
> start a relationship. But like I say, Sprint got theirs, so what
> difference does it make, short term.

No big surprise here, I *do* work for Sprint, and I gotta tell you, I'd
rather inconvenience (even heavily) a thousand customers over a false report
of theft than have some customer show up on our proverbial (and perhaps
literal) doorstep complaining because he or she *tried* to tell us the
phones never got to his door and now he (or she) has a $3000 phone bill
because we let the phones get activated anyway.

That said, though, I don't think we did very well with this customer at all.
Several attempts? Nah, it should have required just *one* trip toa Sprint
PCS store to verify with "one of us" that they, and the phones, were who
they claimed to be.

It's more than "we got ours, so screw 'em". If phones get stolen, we're in
a lose-lose situation anyway. The customer is going to be upset because we
have to suspend the account to make sure they don't get charged for the
illegal usage. And, if the customer has no replacement plan in effect that
covers theft?

It's tricky, and there isn't a "painless" way out of it. But that doesn't
mean we did right here. Sounds like we did not.


-+-
R
O/Siris
I work for Sprint
I *don't* speak for them

al
July 1st 03, 02:37 PM
On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:07:54 GMT, "O/Siris" >
wrote:

>tom ronson wrote:
><snip>
>
>> Sprint, if they took the order, shipped the order and verified the
>> delivery to the door should know that the phones weren't stolen ---
>> and shouldn't have flagged the account for fraud. But they did and
>> this customer is having to prove his innocence. Not a good way to
>> start a relationship. But like I say, Sprint got theirs, so what
>> difference does it make, short term.
>
>No big surprise here, I *do* work for Sprint, and I gotta tell you, I'd
>rather inconvenience (even heavily) a thousand customers over a false report
>of theft than have some customer show up on our proverbial (and perhaps
>literal) doorstep complaining because he or she *tried* to tell us the
>phones never got to his door and now he (or she) has a $3000 phone bill
>because we let the phones get activated anyway.
>
>That said, though, I don't think we did very well with this customer at all.
>Several attempts? Nah, it should have required just *one* trip toa Sprint
>PCS store to verify with "one of us" that they, and the phones, were who
>they claimed to be.
>
>It's more than "we got ours, so screw 'em". If phones get stolen, we're in
>a lose-lose situation anyway. The customer is going to be upset because we
>have to suspend the account to make sure they don't get charged for the
>illegal usage. And, if the customer has no replacement plan in effect that
>covers theft?
>
>It's tricky, and there isn't a "painless" way out of it. But that doesn't
>mean we did right here. Sounds like we did not.
>
>
>-+-
>R
>O/Siris
>I work for Sprint
>I *don't* speak for them
>

Follow up

The wife called the fraud department yesterday and explained to them
that when she tries to sign in on their web page she is receiving an
error page that says that "the phones have been reported lost or
stolen" but the phones including vision are working. The guy actually
said " you just signed up with us, why do you need to check your
account on the web?" My wife said excuse me? And he repeated the same
line. She hung up and called back and got another person. This person
told her it always takes one month before you can access the web to
check your account. She told the person that she was concerned about
the "fraud" on our account. The lady said not to worry about it."your
phones are still working"!!! I'm going up to the store tonight to see
if they can help me.

Bob Smith
July 1st 03, 04:25 PM
Anonymous wrote:
<snipped>
> The stock price didn't go from $30/share to $5/share for no reason.

ROTFLOL ... You are equating the drop in price to CS? All the cellular
providers with stock listings dropped during the past year. For that matter,
I'm guessing that every telephone company's stock dropped during the past
year.

Bob

Skittratt
July 2nd 03, 03:06 AM
Re: New Customer Problems

Work for Sprint do you? I only ask 'cause you missed the point of the
message. It wasn't "MAYBE" flagged, it was flagged and the customer is
having to jump through hoops to get it fixed. Not a best first
impression
with a new customer. But Sprint will get the activation fee times
three, so
it doesn't matter how ****ed the customer gets, right?

Sprint, if they took the order, shipped the order and verified the
delivery
to the door should know that the phones weren't stolen --- and
shouldn't
have flagged the account for fraud. But they did and this customer is
having
to prove his innocence. Not a good way to start a relationship. But
like I
say, Sprint got theirs, so what difference does it make, short term.


"Skittratt" > wrote in message
...
>
> Did you guys think that MAYBE it was flagged fraud somehow and
Sprint
> was just trying to make sure everything was legit?
>
> --
> Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
> Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap
>

Actually I DO work for Sprint - and was just trying to throw in the
fact that you know something must have not seemed right or this
wouldn't have happened.

Its sad that so many people have had so many problems. I try my hardest
everyday to take care of all my customers - but I am only one employee.
So don't take my playing devil's advocate has being that I am not on
your side - because I am.

--
Posted at SprintUsers.com - Your place for everything Sprint PCS
Free wireless access @ www.SprintUsers.com/wap

Bob Smith
July 2nd 03, 01:00 PM
tom ronson wrote:
> Guess you haven't looked at Vzw (+4 ish) lately or Nxtl (+ 15ish)?
> You might try reading those financials without those fancy glasses
> that Sprint gave you on ur face --- they tend to skew facts,
> apparently.
>

Excuse me? Who said I work for SPCS? I don't ... not even in the industry.

> And you're not going to try to say that CS didn't hurt SPCS are you?
> If you are you are going against Laurer's #1 priority when he took
> over, which was to fix his company's for **** service policies, which
> created churn with his customer base. Hell, those fancy glasses
> Sprint gave you should have let that bit of news through, you know,
> so you can spread the "word" for them.

What's with these glasses comment? You have a fetish with glasses there Tom?

>
> But alas, Sprint's perfect, and the two promised callbacks for trouble
> tickets for my service will be coming any second now --- yes, I know
> September of 2001 is a while to wait, but I'm sure the "fix" will be
> well worth the wait.

Who said that SPCS was perfect? You really are starting to sound delusional
there Tom, if you are expecting a return call from Sept./01.
>
> Don't work for Sprint my ass ---- or if you don't you need to find
> other hobbies than enabling corporate shoddiness.

How do I enable corporate shoddiness there Tom? Enquiring minds want to
know.

Bob

Dr Wakk
July 17th 03, 01:11 AM
yer a dumbass, bill.........



"Bill Roland" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Nahh, I just won't make the mistake of getting Sprint.
>
> "Wes" > wrote in message
> ...
> > Yep, that'd work good (*rollseyes*)
> >
> > "Bill Roland" > wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > >I'd drive to the customer service desk and throw
> > > the phones at them. Ridiculous.
> >
> >
>
>
>

Google