PDA

View Full Version : v60x2


Tim
January 23rd 04, 03:37 AM
Could you take the antenna from a V60I and put it on the V60X2 to improve
the reception?

January 27th 04, 05:39 PM
In article >, Tim says...
>
>Could you take the antenna from a V60I and put it on the V60X2 to improve
>the reception?
>
>
No you can not at this point but in the very near futre we will be selling the
v60x antenna. The v60i antenna will effect poor reception on the v60x2.

Tim
January 28th 04, 06:43 PM
Thanks for the info.
> wrote in message
...
> In article >, Tim says...
> >
> >Could you take the antenna from a V60I and put it on the V60X2 to improve
> >the reception?
> >
> >
> No you can not at this point but in the very near futre we will be selling
the
> v60x antenna. The v60i antenna will effect poor reception on the v60x2.
>

dirty rat 753
January 31st 04, 04:10 PM
I broke my v60gi antenna, and my tech put on a short flex tip antenna. It
pulls out 1.2 inch and flexes on a small fiberglass? extension. I gsm 1900,
but the antenna is probably large to do the 900 GSM band. How well would
this work for a general replacement antenna?

It's official from Verizon (don't off topic me too bad). My defective v60s
cannot be replaced. I'm still a 270c user, but want a little v60 series, c?
x? ic if there is a thing?

> wrote in message
...
> In article >, Tim says...
> >
> >Could you take the antenna from a V60I and put it on the V60X2 to improve
> >the reception?
> >
> >
> No you can not at this point but in the very near futre we will be selling
the
> v60x antenna. The v60i antenna will effect poor reception on the v60x2.
>

Stanley Reynolds
January 31st 04, 08:05 PM
"dirty rat 753" > wrote in message
...
> I broke my v60gi antenna, and my tech put on a short flex tip antenna. It
> pulls out 1.2 inch and flexes on a small fiberglass? extension. I gsm
1900,
> but the antenna is probably large to do the 900 GSM band. How well would
> this work for a general replacement antenna?

You should say too small for 1900Mhz, Inverse relation Mhz to wave length.
Phone circuit is designed for the OEM antenna so any replacement would need
the same design, if your external antenna is designed correct if maybe
better due to it's size but then again if no design and no luck maybe not.
If the tech "tuned" the circuit to match the replacement then this would
make it better also.

>
> It's official from Verizon (don't off topic me too bad). My defective v60s
> cannot be replaced. I'm still a 270c user, but want a little v60 series,
c?
> x? ic if there is a thing?
>
> > wrote in message
> ...
> > In article >, Tim says...
> > >
> > >Could you take the antenna from a V60I and put it on the V60X2 to
improve
> > >the reception?
> > >
> > >
> > No you can not at this point but in the very near futre we will be
selling
> the
> > v60x antenna. The v60i antenna will effect poor reception on the v60x2.
> >
>
>

Stanley Reynolds
January 31st 04, 10:12 PM
"Stanley Reynolds" > wrote in message
...
>
> "dirty rat 753" > wrote in message
> ...
> > I broke my v60gi antenna, and my tech put on a short flex tip antenna.
It
> > pulls out 1.2 inch and flexes on a small fiberglass? extension. I gsm
> 1900,
> > but the antenna is probably large to do the 900 GSM band. How well
would
> > this work for a general replacement antenna?
>
> You should say too small for 1900Mhz, Inverse relation Mhz to wave length.
Correction : You should say too small for 900Mhz, Inverse relation Mhz to
wave length.
> Phone circuit is designed for the OEM antenna so any replacement would
need
> the same design, if your external antenna is designed correct if maybe
> better due to it's size but then again if no design and no luck maybe not.
> If the tech "tuned" the circuit to match the replacement then this would
> make it better also.
>
> >
> > It's official from Verizon (don't off topic me too bad). My defective
v60s
> > cannot be replaced. I'm still a 270c user, but want a little v60
series,
> c?
> > x? ic if there is a thing?
> >
> > > wrote in message
> > ...
> > > In article >, Tim says...
> > > >
> > > >Could you take the antenna from a V60I and put it on the V60X2 to
> improve
> > > >the reception?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > No you can not at this point but in the very near futre we will be
> selling
> > the
> > > v60x antenna. The v60i antenna will effect poor reception on the
v60x2.
> > >
> >
> >
>
>

dirty rat 753
February 1st 04, 05:41 AM
> Correction : You should say too small for 900Mhz, Inverse relation Mhz to
> wave length.

How right you are.

So what's your opinion on the V60gi in 1900 mhz mode (not 1800 mhz nor 900
mhz) using this flex antenna for a v60t that is also 1900, 800 TDMA and 800
analog. I'm not worried about some swr hurting the design. I need a more
durable antenna.

Stanley Reynolds
February 1st 04, 08:54 AM
"dirty rat 753" > wrote in message
...
> > Correction : You should say too small for 900Mhz, Inverse relation Mhz
to
> > wave length.
>
> How right you are.
>
> So what's your opinion on the V60gi in 1900 mhz mode (not 1800 mhz nor 900
> mhz) using this flex antenna for a v60t that is also 1900, 800 TDMA and
800
> analog. I'm not worried about some swr hurting the design. I need a more
> durable antenna.
>
>
My guess is it's ok, better than internal patch antenna which is covered by
the hand holding the phone.

Google